The Island tradition of the Privateers Christmas Parade and Gifts from Santa
was started when another island organization was unable to continue hosting
Santa and the local children during the Christmas season.
With less than 2 weeks before Christmas Day in 1984 the Krewe pulled together,
found Santa and scheduled his annual stop on the island in front of the Foodway
Grocery. The Christmas Parade was added to the Holiday Festivities a couple of
years later. Every year since then the Privateers have had hot dogs, soda and
a gift for every child that attends.
PARADE INFORMATION: 2018 Date to be Announced
1. The parade leaves BAY FRONT PARK in ANNA MARIA CITY at l0 AM. It will
proceed through the 3 island cities, ending at COQUINA BEACH in BRADENTON BEACH CITY.
2. All floats and units must be staged by 9:30 AM. Application must be turned in. Entry is free, but donations are welcome
3. Float or car must be decorated in colors and style befitting the spirit of the holiday season
4. All units should have a sign or banner indicating who they represent (* See #9 also)
5. The Privateers in no way assume liability for another organization or participant who is in the parade
6. The firing of black powder is allowed
7. All units must be motorized or peddled. No marching or walking units can be accommodated
8. No person or organization may charge a fee or request a donation to be on any float or to participate
9. As a Non Profit 501(c)(3) organization, we cannot allow any activities related to political advertising, solicitation, campaigning, or endorsements
10. All entries into the parade must be approved by the Anna Maria Island Privateers no exceptions
NOTE: SANTA'S CHRISTMAS GIFTS HANDOUT to kids on Coquina Beach
follows immediately after the parade. Free hot dogs and sodas for the kids.